Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Just a Matter of Time...


It's just a matter of time before I begin to use my reusable shopping bags...


Monday when I went to Wal-Mart to purchase the week's worth of groceries, I grabbed three of their reusable shopping bags and added them to my cart.


At 99 cents each, they're a great bargain as well as a great way to be more green.


I felt much more peaceful about using them...I really don't like coming home from the store with zillions of plastic bags that I feel like I can't really throw out, yet...they become clutter.


I have to admit, they do come in handy as "free" liners for the small bathroom garbage cans, or for a few other household uses.


But still...they are clutter in my house and clutter in the environment.


So...I was all excited about my reusable bags.


I took one to Nashville with me on Tuesday when I stopped at Kroger to get my mother some blueberries they had on special...and forgot to use it.


I also forgot to use it Wednesday when I went to Rite-Aid, and even worse...forgot to use it yesterday when I went back to Wal-Mart to get some ice cream!


Is this old age, or what? I guess sometimes it does take time to teach an old dog new tricks, but this dog eventually intends to use her reusable bags everywhere! And when I do, I'll feel really great about it!

No comments: