Monday, June 30, 2008

Growing in the Right Direction


As my second month of blogging comes to a close, I am excited to look back and see how this blog project has evolved as the summer has unfolded.


During my first month, May, I mostly copied and pasted content from other green websites. I wasn't really sure in which direction I wanted to go, other than to heighten awareness about green living.


But during June, something started to click.


I began making more personalized posts, and adding photos...either taken by myself or grabbed from the internet.


I also began to formulate my own personal definition of green living, which is more broad than narrow...in a nutshell, green living for me is about more than reusable bags and denim insulation. it's about living consciously with love, sharing with others, being more joyful, getting back to soem of the values of our parents' and grandparents' generation without sacrificing some things I enjoy about 21st century life...


This blog also has rekindled my love affair with writing, which had waned after years and years of journalism and other type of writing jobs that sucked the life out of me!


As I blog, I am learning that it's not so much about being perfect (as I had to do in jobs)...it's about sharing.


So that means I'm going to have to step out of my comfort zone and develop more of a readership! Scary...but exciting!

No comments: