Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What Makes You Happy?


I just read an interesting article on Yahoo! News.


Basically, a new study shows that the world is getting happier.


Scientists previously thought that happiness remained static (how in the world could someone think that???? but they did...)


The happiest country is Denmark, while the most unhappy is Zimbabwe (civil war, dictatorship government).


The U.S. ranked 16th, and the reason shocked me...


It said it was due to Baby Boomers (my generation) generally being miserable.


The researchers attribute the rise in happiness to democratization, and increasing economic conditions in countries like China...


While "money doesn't buy happiness" it can buy more freedom and more choices and opportunities, which leads to greater happiness.


What I want to know is, what do Baby Boomers have to be so miserable about? Maybe selling out and taking corporate jobs. I know that made me unhappy...


As for my own happiness level, right now it's soaring and it shows on my face.
I just got home from Keller Williams Realty where I am transferring my real estate license, and Steve commented on how it showed in my smile, demeanor, sense of humor...everything.


It's a good choice. It's nice to be able to have freedom and choices.


And to up the happiness ante, Steve's daughter just left a msg while he was on the other line, saying she loves and misses us.


As usual, my cup runneth over!

No comments: