Monday, May 19, 2008

Tide Better Get on the Stick!

During my growing-up years, my mother never used any laundry detergent other than Tide. www.tide.com.

When I got out on my own, I experimented with different detergents when I had a coupon or store special, but I always came back to Tide because I believed it was the best.

However, the other day I was in Wal-Mart and saw that they had an environmental friendly laundry detergent (herbally scented, no les!) under their Great Value label.

Hmmmm.....Now that I have become more environmentally conscious, I started wondering about Tide.

Sure enough, I checked their website and I don't see anything on there that indicates an environmentally friendly detergent.

They do have Tide Coldwater, but...the thought of washing undies and towels in cold water doesn't cut it with me. Ugh!

So...I'm about to head out to Wal-Mart to do the weekly shopping. Laundry detergent is on my list, so I am going to give the Great Value brand a whirl. I know there are other brands (not "name" but new ones that have sprung up the past few years, like Myers) but they are a bit more expensive and I want to stick to my budget.

I'll have a report later this week on how the Great Value brand worked! I usually don't like Wal-Mart's house brand products but hopefully this will be different.

How about you? Are you using a green-friendly laundry detergent? If so, what are the results?

No comments: