Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More on Being Green and Clean

Last week I posted about using vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean the bathroom mirrors and marble countertops and how well it worked...

Although it was my first experience using vinegar, I've been using borax to clean sinks, tubs, and toilets for years, with great results.

Baking soda also is a good, natural cleaner.

I also did not know vinegar works as a copper cleaner until I found the following formula on the internet:


Copper cleaner
White vinegar
Water
Salt
Mix equal parts of vinegar and salt (a tablespoon of each should be enough to start, make more as necessary) and apply to the surface with a rag. Be sure to rinse thoroughly with water afterwards, otherwise it will corrode. Don't use on lacquered finishes.

I'm eager to try it, because I don't like using chemical-based copper cleaners due to the fumes and their impact on my respiratory system.

How about you?

Have you tried any green, natural cleaners like baking soda, lemon, and/or vinegar? What were the results?

If not, do you think you'll try some of them in the future? Why or why not?

No comments: